Welcome to our Family Support Page
What can our Family Support Worker and Health Support Worker do for you?
- Provide information about school matters relating to your child
- To help ensure your child has full access to educational opportunities and achieves the most from their time at Gibside School
- Provide information about holiday clubs
- To provide information and signpost parents/carers to local services and activities
- To assist in form filling and benefit advice
- Provide groups, courses and training for parents and family members
- To provide support for you before, during and after meetings e.g. annual reviews or Child in Need meetings
- Friendly non-judgemental advice and support
- An open-door policy
- A chance to talk through any problems or concerns
- Liaison with other service providers and members of staff at Gibside School
- Opportunities to meet other parents/carers on a regular basis
- Support groups
And of course, a friendly face to talk to and share your problems and concerns.
DLA application forms support
Please see below a link which you may find helpful when completing DLA application forms. It gives guidance and examples for completing each section and questions on the application form.