Gibside is an inclusive, happy and nurturing environment. We place education, equality and understanding at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Ethos
- Gibside is an inclusive, happy and nurturing environment with education, equality and understanding at the heart of everything we do.
- Our aim is to provide the highest quality learning opportunities through available resources including our hydrotherapy pool, food technology, sensory, i-muse and soft play rooms. These spaces will provide extended provision for our children, families and our local community.
- At Gibside School, everyone is respected and valued for their contribution – pupils, staff, parents/carers and multidisciplinary teams alike.
- As most of our pupils experience communication difficulties, we have an ethos where all forms of communication are valued equally e.g. objects of reference, signing, use of symbols and photographs etc.
We aim to:
- Inspire, motivate and challenge all children.
- Build confident, cooperative, independent learners who have high self-esteem.
- Develop citizens who have a strong sense of right and wrong.
- Develop partnerships working locally, nationally and internationally for the benefit of all our pupils.
- Share our expertise and experience.
In an environment which is:
- Welcoming and happy.
- Safe, secure and stimulating.
- Fun, exciting and purposeful.
- Fully inclusive.
- Well resourced with up to date, high quality equipment ensuring all our pupil needs are met.
We will achieve this by:
- Having high expectations in both learning and behaviour and providing excellent learning opportunities through effective teaching.
- Using a variety of teaching strategies where pupils are encouraged and motivated and using robust assessment systems to ensure all our pupils meet their full potential.
- Ensuring our staff are given opportunities to develop their own skills and knowledge to the highest levels.
- Promoting British values through social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
- Working in close partnership with parents and carers.
- Continuing to work to ensure we can fundraise and generate income to sustain the highest quality resources for our pupils.