The main purposes of home learning are:
• To give children the opportunity to practice and reinforce their learning
• To develop further our links with parents and carers and involve them in pupils’ work
• To help parents and other carers to understand more clearly what their children are learning in school.
• To encourage ownership and responsibility for learning.
• To increase pupils’ self esteem and the realisation that their achievements are regarded as important by home and school.
• To inform parents and carers of approaches and techniques used in school.
• To make use of all kinds of learning resources at home.
• To extend school learning.